On Oct. 1, a Trilogy Park resident awoke to find his Toyota Highlander and Toyota Camry covered in paint. The vandal or vandals had thrown paint on the Highlander and spray painted the windows. The Camry had an expletive spray painted on one of the rear windows and a penis spray painted on the hood of the car.
The victim said one of his neighbors has security cameras overlooking the street. According to the police report, the neighbor intends to review his security footage to see if any identifiable vehicles are visible in the recording.
The victim did not know who was responsible for the vandalism, but speculated the crime may be related to an incident from the previous day. The victim said he was standing in his yard talking on his phone when an older model BMW with several teenage occupants passed by at a high rate of speed. The victim yelled at the teenagers to slow down. A short time later, police were in the neighborhood on an unrelated matter. The victim suspects the teens might believe that he called the police and subsequently committed the act of vandalism in retaliation.
The estimated cost to repaint the vehicles is $1,500.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Theft by taking in the 2000 block of Lakeland Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Identity fraud in the 500 block of Gran Heritage Way.
- Burglary in the 1600 block of Brisbane Drive.
- Burglary in the 1600 block of Drowning Creek Road.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Simple battery in the 600 block of Clarke Trail.
- Theft by taking in the 2300 block of Lakeside Drive.
- First degree forgery near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Theft by taking in the 1200 block of Dacula Road.
- Battery in the 3700 block of Fence Road.
- Identity fraud in the 2900 block of Ironwood Briar Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1200 block of Auburn Road.
- Second degree criminal damage in the 4500 block of Trilogy Park Trail.
- Burglary in the 3000 block of Bold Springs Road.
- Identity fraud in the 2600 block of Colleen Lane.
- Simple battery in the 800 block of Gran Heritage Way.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.