According to public information officer Cpl. Ed Ritter, an adult male died after being struck by a vehicle at approximately 6:30 a.m.
"The preliminary investigation revealed that an adult male, possibly homeless crossed the southbound lanes on I-85 then the northbound lanes," Ritter said in a released statement. "The male then began crossing the Connector Distributor for I-85 northbound when he was struck by a vehicle that just entered I-85 from Buford Drive."
Investigators believe they have identified the male, but will not release the name until next of kin have been notified.
- Thousands of Dollars Fraudulently Drained out of Dacula Couple's Savings Account
- Thief Uses Dacula Woman's Identity to Open Multiple Credit Accounts
- Student Arrested for Having Weapon on School Property
- Woman Says She Was Robbed in Driveway of Her Dacula Home
- Liquor, 500 DVDs, Medicine, Jewelry and Other Items Taken During Recent Burglaries