What started as a dispute between two women in the bar area of Del Rio ended with two people fleeing the scene and one woman getting punched in the face and knocked nearly unconscious.
Police were called to Del Rio just before 1 a.m. on Sept. 16 in response to a report of a fight. Upon arrival at the restaurant, police found several “very intoxicated” people who, according to the police report, were in agreement that an unidentified female at the bar initiated the disturbance.
Witnesses said the unidentified woman exchanged words with a Lawrenceville woman over a man. The female suspect reportedly pushed the Lawrenceville woman and “got up in her face.” At that point, the Lawrenceville woman responded by shoving the female back and punching her. Several people in the bar area intervened to stop the fight.
The Lawrenceville woman went outside where she “began having words” with a Dacula man.
“It is unknown why [the Lawrenceville woman] started a verbal altercation with him,” the officer wrote in the incident report.
The Dacula man’s wife then stepped in front of the Lawrenceville woman and began arguing with her. At some point during the confrontation, the Dacula woman allegedly “jumped on” the Lawrenceville woman.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Bull-Wrestler Arrested After Refusing to Leave Party
- Profanity-Laced Drunken Tirade Lands Dacula Woman in Jail
- Woman Hit Over Head With Beer Bottle During Bar Fight
“[The Lawrenceville woman] turned around and punched [the Dacula woman] in the face knocking her to the ground and nearly unconscious,” according to the officer’s account of the incident.
During that time, the unidentified female who allegedly initiated the bar confrontation and an unidentified male had walked outside the bar. The man and woman reportedly grabbed the Lawrenceville woman by the hair and began hitting her in the head as well. By the time police arrived, the unidentified man and woman had left the scene in a pickup truck and several people were in the parking lot, reportedly to stop the fight.
“All parties were very intoxicated and refused any medical treatment,” the officer noted in the report.
Police were unable to determine exactly what started the fight in the bar or the subsequent fight in the parking lot. No arrests were made.
Other recent incidents investigated by Gwinnett County Police include:
- Criminal attempt to commit property damage in the 100 block of Ledgewood Mill Way.
- Possession of less than one ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Highway 316 and Winder Highway.
- Identity fraud in the 1700 block of Lake Heights Circle.
- Simple battery in the 800 block of Rock Elm Drive.
- Simple battery in the 4600 block of Braselton Highway.
- Battery in the 3400 block of Sandy Bank Drive.
- DUI arrest near the intersection of Hog Mountain and Pine Road.
- Theft by taking in the 1900 block of Trinity Mill Drive.
- Entering auto in the 2600 block of Winder Highway.
- Entering auto in the 2500 block of Braselton Highway.
- Theft by taking in the 1900 block of Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- Burglary in the 3200 block of New Hope Road.
- Theft of tag in the 2100 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Identity fraud in the 1400 block of Armende Circle.
- Theft by conversion in the 2000 block of Teron Trace.
- Entering auto in the 1300 block of Auburn Road.
- Simple battery in the 700 block of Holcombe Woods Court.
- Battery in the 4800 block of Lily Stem Drive.
- Simple battery in the 2700 block of Evergreen Eve Crossing.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click here for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.