A 20-year-old Dacula man said he was attacked on June 14 while walking in Duncan Creek Park.
The victim told police he was walking in the wooded area of the park around 10 p.m. when the suspect approached him from behind and held a knife to his neck. The victim said the suspect demanded money, but the victim had none with him.
According to the police report, the victim tried to break free by grabbing the knife but the suspect was able to overpower him. After the suspect continued to demand money, the victim reportedly elbowed the suspect in the side and was able to get away. The victim said the suspect grabbed his shirt, but the shirt tore allowing the victim the opportunity to run to his car and drive home.
The victim accompanied the officer to the location in the park where the attack occurred. The officer found the victim’s shirt and sandals, but did not locate any other evidence.
The victim received small cuts to his hand and forearm during the struggle and had scrapes on his neck and cheek. The injuries were not severe enough to require medical treatment.
The suspect is described as a black male approximately 6-feet tall with a gray beard.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Simple assault in the 2200 block of Stanley Road.
- Simple battery in the 500 block of Gran Heritage Way.
- Theft by taking in the 1800 block of Lena Carter Road.
- Simple Battery in the 2900 block of New Hope Road.
- Theft of lost or mislaid property in the 3600 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 1200 block of Dacula Road.
- Entering auto in the 2800 block of Evergreen Eve Crossing.
- Entering auto in the 300 block of Roland Manor Drive.
- Simple assault in the 5700 block of Apple Grove Road.
- Entering auto in the 2200 block of New Hope Road.
- Burglary in the 1500 block of Sir Knights Way.
- Battery in the 1100 block of Lexus Court.
- Identity fraud in the 300 block of Penwood Trail.
- Entering auto in the 300 block of McMillan Road.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.