Proving that sometimes there is a cop around when you need one, Gwinnett County Police officers were conveniently on hand when two women started throwing punches at a neighborhood pool.
Police had been called to the pool near the intersection of Rock Elm Drive and Walking Stick Way on the afternoon of July 10 in response to a fight that had possibly just occurred. While officers were interviewing people regarding the reported fight, a commotion drew their attention to a group approximately 20 feet away.
According to the police report, “We heard the group start talking louder than they had been and we turned to see why.”
What officers saw were two women swinging their fists at each other. The officers quickly separated the two women.
One of the women, an 18-year-old female, said the other woman, age 24, threatened to hit her and said she did not care that police were nearby. The older woman then reportedly spit on the younger woman. The younger woman attempted to punch the older woman, but missed.
In the incident report, the officer noted the older woman was intoxicated and had admitted drinking three beers. The older woman said the younger woman had threatened to hit her first so she told the younger woman to go ahead. When the younger woman missed, the older woman told her to try again and then police intervened.
Both women were cited for disorderly conduct and released.
You might also be interested in reading:
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Theft by conversion in the 1300 block of Cozy Cove Lane.
- Aggravated battery in the 1500 block of Brisbane Drive.
- Theft by deception in the 3400 block of Braselton Highway.
- Battery in the 1200 block of Belfaire Trace.
- Battery in the 200 block of Beckenham Lane.
- Theft by taking in the 1200 block of Auburn Road.
- Identity fraud in the 3300 block of Pristine Point.
- Battery in the 2500 block of Indian Bluffs Drive.
- Criminal attempt to commit financial transaction card fraud in the 2700 block of Meridian Drive.
- Simple battery in the 1200 block of Lilac Arbor Road.
- Identity fraud in the 2900 block of Michelle Lee Drive.
- Battery in the 2800 block of Spring Street.
- Battery in the 2700 block of Maeve Court.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Theft by taking in the 3000 block of Evonshire Lane.
- Theft by taking in the 3700 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 1600 block of Riverpark Drive.
- Burglary in the 1700 block of Cutleaf Creek Road.
- Battery in the 2700 block of Stockbridge Way.
- Simple battery in the 1000 block of Evergreen Oak Way.
- Theft by taking in the 1500 block of Whitley Road.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.