An armed suspect escaped with approximately $150 in cash after robbing the on Aug. 5.
The robbery, which occurred shortly after 9 p.m., was witnessed by at least three customers who were in the store at the time. Neither the customers nor the store employee were injured.
The Carvel employee told police he noticed the suspect arrive at the store in a large black SUV, similar to a Suburban or Tahoe. After standing in the parking lot for several minutes, the robber allegedly entered the store, pulled a gun and demanded money.
When the employee asked the robber if he was serious, the robber reportedly replied, “Just give me the money right now.” Once the store employee handed over money from the register, the robber stuffed the money in the front pockets of his sweatshirt and left in the SUV.
A Gwinnett County police officer was in the vicinity when the robbery was reported and attempted to locate the suspect vehicle, but was unsuccessful.
The robber is described as a thin, white male approximately 30 years old with short brown hair and “large” brown eyes. At the time of the robbery, the suspect was wearing a blue baseball cap and a thick blue mask that covered part of his face.
The case is listed as active.
The incident is at least the third .
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Burglary in the 3900 block of Hog Mountain Road.
- Simple battery in the 5300 block of Duncan Creek Road.
- Financial transaction card theft in the 2300 block of Harbins Road.
- Simple assault in the 2500 block of Harbin Springs Cove.
- Marijuana possession in the 200 block of Dacula Road.
- Battery in the 1500 block of Bramlett Hill Drive.
- Simple assault in the 2900 block of Freemans Mill Road.
- Marijuana possession in the 3600 block of Jim Moore Road.
- Disorderly conduct in the 3900 block of Indian Shoals Road.
- Simple assault in the 3300 block of Old Peachtree Road.
- Entering auto in the 2400 block of Apalachee Run Way.
- Theft by taking in the 1900 block of Mineral Springs Road.
- Possession of cocaine near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Road and I-85.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.