Roger Huston Smith, 17, of Dacula was booked into the Gwinnett County Jail on Thursday morning on a charge of possessing a weapon on school property.
According to Jorge Quintana, Director of Media Relations for Gwinnett County Public Schools, Smith brought a knife to school.
"The school became aware when it was reported that he showed it to another student," Quintana explained.
In addition to the weapons charge, Smith will also face school disciplinary action.
As of 6 a.m. on Dec. 14, Smith remained jailed and no bond had been set.
- Woman Says She Was Robbed in Driveway of Her Dacula Home
- Liquor, 500 DVDs, Medicine, Jewelry and Other Items Taken During Recent Burglaries
- What to Do if You Think You Are Being Followed
- Man Armed With Handgun Accused of Following Teen Home From School
- Grinch Strikes Cars in Dacula Subdivision
- Two Remaining Suspects in Rape, Aggravated Battery Case Taken Into Custody
Want to be notified each time a new Dacula crime article is posted? Go to the Dacula Patch crime page and click on "Get email updates." Have information to share with the community regarding criminal activity? Post a crime alert.