Gwinnett County Police are investigating a Jan. 25 incident in which a 14-year-old Dacula teen said she was robbed of her laptop.
The teen told police a male acquaintance of hers asked to borrow her laptop. The teen asked her parents if she could loan the laptop to the male and her parents said no.
According to the teen, the male acquaintance came to her house to get the laptop. When the teen said her parents had not given her permission to loan it out, the male acquaintance allegedly said in a low voice, “You know what? If you don’t give me the laptop, I will rape you and kill you and your family.”
The teen said she was frightened by the suspect’s words and by his demeanor and believed he would follow through with his threat if she did not hand over the laptop. After the teen gave him the laptop, the male reportedly left the house.
The teen advised that she sent several text messages to the male asking him to return the computer. The male responded to several of the messages, but had not returned the laptop at the time the report was filed.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Financial transaction card fraud near the intersection of Evergreen Eve Crossing and Old Fountain Road.
- Burglary in the 1700 block of Mulberry Lake Drive.
- Theft by receiving in the 1100 block of Winnbrook Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 3200 block of Sardis Church Road.
- Robbery in the 2700 block of Amberly Hills Trail.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2600 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Simple battery in the 900 block of Liberty Ives Drive.
- Burglary in the 1200 block of Brooks Road.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 700 block of Dacula Road.
- Entering auto in the 2600 block of Evergreen Eve Crossing.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 2800 block of Riders Court.
- Identity fraud in the 2600 block of Dawning Day Drive.
- Burglary in the 2600 block of Matlin Way.
- Assault in the 900 block of Apalachee Run Trail.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.