A thief or thieves smashed windows of three cars and rummaged through an unlocked fourth vehicle in a string of entering autos the morning of April 30.
The first incident occurred at the Hamilton Mill swim and tennis complex near Braselton Highway between 10:30 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. A Dacula woman returned to her vehicle after playing tennis and discovered someone had smashed the passenger side door window of her Toyota Sienna minivan. The woman’s purse, which contained her driver’s license, various credit cards and $100 in cash, was stolen.
Approximately a mile away and within roughly an hour of the first incident, three other vehicles were entered at .
A Chevrolet Tahoe, a BMW and an Acura were left parked near the playground between 11 a.m. and 11:40 a.m. While the victims were away from the vehicles, a thief or thieves, smashed the passenger side windows of the Acura and the BMW to gain access to the interior of the vehicles.
According to the police report, the driver of the Acura left her purse in plain view on the front seat of the vehicle. The purse, which contained the victim’s driver’s license, checkbook and several credit cards, was stolen.
The driver of the BMW also left her purse in a highly visible location. The stolen purse contained the victim’s driver’s license, social security card, cash, checkbook, debit card and several credit cards.
The driver of the Tahoe told police she left her door unlocked. The victim had concealed her wallet in the center console, but the thief or thieves located it. The wallet contained the victim’s driver’s license, cash, gift cards, a debit card, a personal check, Atlanta zoo passes, insurance cards and multiple credit cards.
All four cases are listed as active.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the Gwinnett Police Department include:
- Entering auto in the 2600 block of Leon Murphy Drive.
- Burglary in the 1700 block of Fort Daniels Trail.
- Disturbing the peace in the 2400 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
- Entering auto in the 3300 block of Highland Forge Trail.
- Two cases of entering auto in the 1300 block of Turtle Dove Lane.
- Entering auto in the 2400 block of New Hope Road.
- Entering auto in the 5200 block of Fawn Ivey Lane.
- Entering auto in the 2100 block of Brandon Acres Drive.
- Aggravated assault in the 2400 block of Sardis Chase Court.
- Burglary in the 1300 block of Mineral Springs Road.