According to the Gwinnett County Police incident report, a cashier took a $10 order from a male customer. The customer handed the clerk a $100 bill.
"Through a series of distractions, the customer not only walked away with the original hundred dollar bill, but an additional one hundred and ten dollars," the officer wrote in the report.
The cashier, the report stated, did not realize what had happened until after the customer left. The incident was captured on video. The details regarding how exactly the customer tricked the cashier were not included in the report.
The case is listed as active.
Similar incidents have been reported at other area businesses. Over $800 was taken in an incident at the Hamilton Mill Walmart in which two women asked to look at "pretty" American money. In April of last year, a cashier at the Golden Corral in Buford was "tricked" into giving a customer $400.
- Man Arrested After Nearly Crashing Into Patrol Car
- Student Says Stranger Attempted to Grab Her on Trail Near Mill Creek High School
- Thief Goes on Spending Spree With Credit Card Stolen out of Dacula Gym Locker
- Another Incident of Gate Damage Blamed on Newspaper Delivery Complaint
- Woman Goes out of Town, Returns Home to Find People Removing Her Belongings
- Man Believes Complaint About Newspaper Delivery Led to $14K in Thefts, Damage