A brazen thief stole two purses out of a vehicle while the car owner watched a tennis match just a short distance away.
The victim said her vehicle was parked near the Hamilton Mill Lakeview tennis courts. When she returned to her car, her purse and her friend’s purse were missing. The victim said she was “almost positive” she had locked her vehicle. According to the police report, there was no sign of forced entry.
The victim’s driver’s license, check card and a credit card were in her purse at the time of the theft. The purse, a Louis Vuitton, had an estimated value of $800. The purse also contained a $750 Louis Vuitton wallet and a $300 Garmon watch.
The victim’s friend also had several credit cards, a check card and a driver’s license in her purse. Additionally, the friend’s purse, a Dooney and Bourke purse valued at $260, contained a Coach wallet with an estimated value of $100, keys and a State of Georgia identification card.
There were no witnesses to the March 27 incident. The case is listed as active.
Police are also investigating a March 21 burglary at a business on McMillan Road. A company employee discovered a chain and lock on a side door had been cut. Five nail guns, three staple guns, several Craftsman tools, several Chicago Air tools, a DeWalt table saw and a DeWalt drill were reported missing. Two metal pipes inside the building had also been cut and the copper removed.
The case is listed as active.
Other recent Dacula area incidents investigated by the include:
- Theft by taking in the 4200 block of Greenside Court.
- Burglary in the 3900 block of Bailey Road.
- Entering auto in the 2700 block of Braselton Highway.
- Burglary in the 2100 block of Winder Highway.
- Battery in the 2400 block of Coopers Mill Court.
- Burglary in the 4700 block of Highland Point Drive.
- Entering auto in the 1700 block of Ivey Pointe Court.
- Entering auto in the 3900 block of Fairlane Drive.