A 17-year-old Dacula teen was jailed and two others cited after smoking marijuana in an undeveloped part of a Bethlehem subdivision.
An officer was patrolling in the area of Foxy Drive and Zaks Way on Dec. 3 when he spotted a suspicious vehicle parked in a cul-de-sac. As the officer approached the vehicle, he could smell what he described in the report as a strong odor of burnt marijuana.
The officer asked the teens where the marijuana was and Kyle Tate, 17, handed over a bag containing green leafy material believed to be marijuana. His two passengers, both age 16, had green leafy material wrapped in plastic in their pants pockets. The officer also found what appeared to be a burnt marijuana cigarette in the car.
The two juveniles were cited and later released to their parents. Tate was handcuffed and transported to the Gwinnett County Detention Center and charged with possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Burglary in the 3500 block of York View Court.
- Simple battery in the 1300 block of Lilac Arbor Road.
- Entering auto in the 2600 block of Archer Way.
- Entering auto in the 2000 block of Glen Hope Trace.
- Entering auto in the 2900 block of Jasmine Brook Court.
- Theft by taking in the 2600 block of Track Way.
- Burglary in the 2700 block of Evanston Court.
- Burglary in the 2500 block of Harbin Springs Cove.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 900 block of Nichols Landing Lane.
- Theft by taking in the 3500 block of Braselton Highway.
- Identity fraud in the 2800 block of Araglin Drive.
- Simple battery in the 1000 block of Evergreen Oak Way.
- Simple battery in the 1100 block of Rose Lily Place.
- Identity fraud in the 1100 block of Liriope Lane.
- Simple battery in the 3600 block of Wapakonata Trail.
- Tag recovery in the 2100 block of Ironwood Ridge Court.
- Identity fraud in the 4700 block of Lily Stem Drive.
- Minor in possession of alcohol in the 1500 block of Ridgemill Terrace.
- Simple battery in the 2200 block of Harbins Road.
- Burglary in the 2100 block of Givens Road.
- Identity fraud in the 3300 block of Stratton Lane.
- Simple battery in the 1000 block of Harbins View Drive.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Theft or lost/mislaid property in the 2100 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
- Entering auto in the 2900 block of Mill Grove Terrace.
- Identity fraud in the 2400 block of Hamilton Mill Road.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com.