Old high school issues were blamed for a confrontation that broke out between four men at Gold’s Gym on Auburn Road.
Two men in their early 20s called police after they were allegedly assaulted by two former Dacula High School classmates.
“The victims said that they had seen the suspects once before at the gym and they had been talked down to at that time, but were able to leave without any physical altercation from the exchange of words,” the officer wrote in the report.
On Sept. 20, the four men once again encountered each other at the gym and began trading insults. When the main suspect, known as “Fresh,” reportedly suggested they go elsewhere and fight, the two men began gathering their things intending to leave the gym.
According to the two men, “Fresh” and another man were waiting for them in the parking lot when they left the building.
“Fresh” allegedly began arguing with one of the men and threw a punch but missed. At that point, the other man attempted to intervene and Fresh punched him in the face.
The Gold’s Gym manager told Fresh and his friend to leave and called police.
After speaking with the two men, the officer made contact with Fresh’s friend. The friend gave a similar account of the incident but said the two men had been taunting him and Fresh as well.
No arrests were made.
The case has been forwarded to investigations and is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Theft by taking in the 3200 block of Fence Road.
- Identity fraud in the 2000 block of Drowning Creek Road.
- Burglary in the 2800 block of Crystal Ridge Drive.
- Simple battery in the 3400 block of Flat Run Drive.
- Identity fraud in the 1200 block of Balvaird Drive.
- Possession of marijuana with intent to distribute near the intersection of Auburn Road and Chippewa Oak Drive.
- Theft by taking in the 2300 block of Lily Valley Drive.
- Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana near the intersection of Hamilton Mill Parkway and Jim Moore Road.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 400 block of Dacula Road.
- Entering auto in the 400 block of Tanner Road.
- Battery in the 1000 block of Alcovy Road.
- Burglary in the 1700 block of Rolling View Way.
- Burglary in the 1200 block of Del Mar Club Drive.
- Financial transaction card fraud in the 1900 block of Riverpark Lane.
- Battery in the 1200 block of Auburn Road.
- Simple assault in the 2200 block of Dee Dee Trail.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 2400 block of Weber Heights Way.
- Burglary in the 2100 block of Cain Circle.
- Simple battery in the 700 block of Holcombe Woods Court.
- Simple battery in the 2700 block of Evergreen Eve Crossing.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click here for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Police Called to Drunken Brawl at Del Rio
- Woman Accuses Friend of Stealing Lortabs
- Dacula Man Facing Charges in Fatal Accident
- Dacula Man Accused of Soliciting Nude Photos From Teen
- Trailers Burglarized at Harbins Park Construction Site
- UPDATE: One Dead As a Result of 316 Crash