- Don't panic and don't drive recklessly. Staying calm will help you think clearly.
- To determine if you are in fact being followed, make four right or left turns. "The probability that another vehicle who just happens to make the same 360 turn as you is slim to none," according to investigations professional Brandon Gregg.
- Keep enough distance between you and the car in front of you to avoid being trapped between cars in traffic or at an intersection.
- Do not drive home or park in a deserted area. Drive to a gas station, police station, fire station or other public place for help.
- If you are followed into your driveway, stay in your car with the doors locked and sound your horn to scare the other driver away and alert neighbors.
Have you ever felt you were being followed? What did you do? Let us know in the comments below.
Want to be notified each time a new Dacula crime article is posted? Go to the Dacula Patch crime page and click on "Get email updates." Have information to share with the community regarding criminal activity? Post a crime alert.
- Man Armed With Handgun Accused of Following Teen Home From School
- Grinch Strikes Cars in Dacula Subdivision
- Two Remaining Suspects in Rape, Aggravated Battery Case Taken Into Custody
- Warrants Issued for Three Dacula Men in Connection With Rape, Battery of 18-Year-Old
- Dacula Man Pleads Guilty to Bank Bribery Charge
- Man Allegedly Punches Friend for 'Eyeballing' Him