A local woman had an explanation for why illegal narcotics were in her vehicle -- just not a very good one.
On Feb. 16 just after 11 p.m., a Gwinnett County Police officer patrolling I-85 northbound near Hamilton Mill Road noticed a white Lexus travelling without lights. After pulling the car over, the officer noticed the driver, Judy Francisco, 38, of Buford, seemed "fidgety" and, according to the report, "appeared to be under the influence of a stimulant."
"Francisco would not sit or stand still and kept interrupting my lines of questions," the officer wrote in the report.
Upon checking the criminal information database, the officer discovered Francisco was on active probation. When asked why she was on probation, Francisco advised her original offense involved narcotics.
The officer asked for permission to search the car and Francisco gave consent. In the rear seat, the officer found a pink makeup bag containing 11 pink pills later identified as amphetamine and four peach pills, which were identified as diazepam.
When asked who owned the bag, Francisco reportedly replied that it belonged to a female acquaintance.
"Francisco stated she knew [the female] was a drug dealer and believed these pills belonged to her," the officer noted in the arrest report.
Francisco was placed under arrest for possession of schedule II and schedule IV narcotics. As of Feb. 25, she remained jailed without bond.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Woman Asks Officer to Arrest Man Who Sold Her Drugs
- Lock Punching Incident Captured on Video Surveillance
- K-9 Apprehends Doughnut Truck Thief After High Speed Chase
- Things You Can't Unsee: Man Commits Indecent Act While Wearing Revealing Speedo
- Man: ‘My Cousin Said They Were Vitamins’
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Entering auto in the 1500 block of Great Shoals Drive.
- Theft by taking in the 1500 block of Wilkes Crest Drive.
- Two cases of entering auto in the 1400 block of Great Shoals Drive.
- Entering auto in the 3800 block of Fence Road.
- Simple battery in the 4600 block of Wheeler Creek Drive.
- Entering auto in the 2400 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 1400 block of Harbins Road.
- Two cases of entering auto in the 2300 block of Hamilton Mill Parkway.
- Entering auto in the 4400 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 2300 block of Kelman Place.
- Theft by taking in the 1600 block of Blue Heron Court.
- Stolen, lost or mislaid property in the 2200 block of Alton Frank Way.
For questions about this blotter, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.