A Statham woman said she was robbed and beaten while waiting for a friend outside a New Hope Road residence on Oct. 17.
The woman told police she was sitting in the car smoking a cigarette when another woman “snuck up” and pulled her out of the vehicle. The woman said her attacker punched her in the head several times and also struck her in the head with a wooden chair leg. According to the woman, her attacker then took a MP3 player, $47 in cash and a cell phone out of the vehicle. The attacker reportedly did not say anything during the encounter.
Police were notified of the incident when a nurse from Saint Mary’s Hospital in Athens called to advise that one of her patients had been injured during a robbery. The nurse informed the officer the Statham woman had bruising on the right side of her face and pain radiating down her spine to the rest of her body.
When questioned over the phone about the incident, the Statham woman gave police the name of her attacker, but said she was unsure about the last name. She described her attacker as a white female, 5-foot-6, with blue or green eyes and weighing 120-130 pounds. At the time of the incident, the attacker was wearing a pink shirt and blue jeans and was a passenger in a white, older model Nissan Maxima or Altima driven by an older male with gray hair.
After telling the officer she had bruising and scratches on her head and that one of her teeth had been knocked loose, the woman disconnected the call because she said the nurses “needed to do something.”
The case is listed as active.
Other recent incidents investigated by the Gwinnett County Police Department include:
- Burglary attempt in the 2700 block of Alcovy River Way.
- Burglary in the 900 block of Tama Hill Court.
- Theft by taking in the 2700 block of Angel Oak Circle.
- Theft, lost or mislaid property in the 3600 block of Braselton Highway.
- Motor vehicle theft in the 2600 block of Austin Ridge Drive.
- First degree forgery in the 2600 block of Braselton Highway.
- Simple battery in the 1100 block of Lexus Court.
- Entering auto in the 1000 block of Chimney Trace Way.
- Burglary in the 2700 block of Bold Springs Road.
- Theft by taking in the 700 block of Ivy Lea Drive.
- Simple battery in the 2700 block of Eunice Holcombe Circle.
- Burglary in the 1200 block of Melrose Forest Lane.
- Theft by shoplifting in the 2200 block of Hamilton Creek Parkway.
For questions about this blotter, email email@example.com. Click here for Dacula Patch's crime reporting policies.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Obscene Gesture Leads to Confrontation in Hamilton Mill
- Job Seeker Turns Robber After Learning Business Not Hiring
- Home Invaders Flee After Woman Yells at Them
- Police Investigating Multiple Burglaries Involving Suspects in Green SUV
- Arrest Made in Burglary Cases Involving Green SUV