The Georgia Department of Transportation has scheduled two public hearings in March to discuss extending the I-85 HOT lanes another 10 miles northward.
The first hearing will be held March 21 at 4 p.m. at the Gwinnett Center Atrium located at 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway in Duluth. The second hearing will take place March 28 at 4 p.m. in Braselton. The meeting will be held in the community room of the Braselton Municipal building located at 4982 Highway 53, Braselton.
The GDOT wants to extend the toll lanes from Old Peachtree Road near Suwanee to Hamilton Mill Road, in the Dacula and Buford areas or possibly Chateau Elan near Braselton. As part of the project, an additional lane would be constructed to avoid losing capacity in the free lanes.
Would you like to see the HOT lane extended to Buford and Dacula? Let us know in the comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Reversible Lanes a Possibility for I-85
- UPDATE: Overnight Lane Closure Planned on I-85 Near Mall of Georgia
- County: Transit Fares Should Cover a Third of Operating Costs
- I-85 HOT Lane Revenue Falls Short
- New Georgia Vehicle 'Title Tax' Takes Effect in March 2013