The Dacula City Council will vote Jan. 3 on a proposed application for parties interested in becoming the city's sole liquor store licensee.
The application, reviewed by the council during the Dec. 20 work session, is 19 pages long and covers topics ranging from the applicant’s personal information to their proposed business plan.
The council is also set to vote on the scoring criteria that will be used to grade the applications and applicant presentations. The presentations will take place on Jan. 30.
If approved by council, the application packet -- which will include the application, a copy of the city's alcohol ordinance and the scoring criteria -- will be available at City Hall beginning Jan. 7. The application deadline is Jan. 22.
Other items on the Jan. 3, 2013 agenda include:
- Recognition of the Dacula Middle School pageant winners.
- Appointment of the Mayor Pro Tem for 2013.
- Appointment of 2013 planning and zoning board members and mayor's committee appointments.
- Execution of an intergovernmental agreement with Gwinnett County regarding the use of the county's 800 MHz radio system.
- Mayor Jimmy Wilbanks comments on stormwater management and non-point source pollution.
The council meets at Dacula City Hall, 442 Harbins Road. The meeting is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m.
You might also be interested in reading:
- ‘Glaring Deficit’ in Sanitation Revenue Collection
- Council Approves Change in Sanitation Fee Billing
- Liquor Store Application Process to Begin in January
- Liquor Store Licensee Application Packets to Be Available Jan. 7