Last November, voters in the City of Dacula overwhelmingly passed a referendum to allow package sales of distilled spirits within the city limits.
As a result of that vote, city officials modified Dacula's alcohol ordinance accordingly and .
That process continues Wednesday, Jan. 30, as the three applicants for the liquor license present their business plans and qualifications to council.
Here are five things you need to know about the Jan. 30 meeting:
- The meeting is a special called work session for the purpose of providing council members with information about the applicants, their qualifications to operate a package store and their business plans.
- No vote will be held Wednesday night. The council will listen to the presentations and score them in accordance with the established criteria.
- There will be no public comment period during the meeting. If you wish to express an opinion about the applicants or the proposed locations, you should contact your council representative directly.
- Dacula City Hall has limited parking and seating capacity. While this is usually not an issue, it is a good idea to arrive early.
- The meeting will begin promptly at 5 p.m.
On Thursday, Jan. 31, at 6 p.m. the council will meet to choose the licensee. As with Wednesday night's meeting, there will be no public comment period since it is a called meeting for the sole purpose of awarding the license.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Three Submit Applications to Become Dacula's First Liquor Store Licensee
- Liquor Store License Applicant Discusses Background