Violations noted during the Jan. 24 inspection were:
- Violation of Code: [.05(7)(a)1 ] Metal food containers and plastic food containers stored as clean have food debris. Food containers rewashed. All food contact surfaces shall be clean to sight and touch. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(d) ] Foods not cooled to 41 within 6 hours (Two large pieces of turkey and two containers of Béchamel Sauce). Foods discarded. Foods shall be cooled from 135 to 41 within 6 hours. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(6)(e) ] Foods cooled while covered, in large pans. Items discarded. Went over cooling methods with person in charge. Foods shall be cooled using proper cooling methods. Corrected On-Site. Repeat Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(l) ] Paper towels used to line containers of strawberries, chips, tosta shells, and rice noodles. Paper towels removed. Paper towels shall not be in contact with food during storage. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
- Violation of Code: [.04(4)(m) ] Five wiping cloth buckets of sanitizer not at 150-400ppm Quat. Sanitizer solution changed out. Sanitizer for Quat sanitizer shall be 150-400 ppm according to manufacturer guidelines. Corrected On-Site. New Violation.
Observations and corrective actions include:
- stickers not being removed during washing of avocados and apples. Stickers shall be removed during washing and before cutting.
- raw beef prepped on cook line and being stored on top of rice cooker. Ensure raw animal foods are prepped in an area where food and food contact surfaces are separated and protected.
- pipes leaking at warewashing station. Mug rinse station missing faucet handle. Plumbing shall be kept in good repair.
- Consumer advisory needs to be updated so that asterisks are beside food items that are served raw or undercooked. Manager stated they are reprinting new menus next month. Advised to get approved by Health Department before going to print.
- Need to update the parasite destruction letter so that all required information is supplied or remove asterisk from salmon if it is not offered undercooked.
- Be sure to have an effective date marking system in place for items at cook/serve line.
- Don't stack utensils wet. Let them air dry first.
An additional inspection will be required within 60 days.