Dacula Middle School principal Kellye Riggins today (Dec. 10) addressed concerns regarding a Dec. 3 incident at Dacula Middle School.
In an email sent to parents, Riggins indicated she wished to address rumors circulating regarding the disciplinary incident.
Riggins wrote, "In disciplinary situations like this, we work with the parents of the two students involved in the situation. However, as I am hearing a number of unsettling and inaccurate versions of what occurred, I felt it prudent to reach out to you to give you information that will help squelch the rumors circulating. While I cannot share with you details about this incident because of the age of our students, I do want to reassure you of several things. First, while one of our students did make an inappropriate comment to another student, there were no weapons involved in this situation. In addition, our administration took this situation seriously, investigating thoroughly and providing appropriate disciplinary consequences."
Riggins assured parents that these type situations are rare at Dacula Middle School, but added they are addressed "quickly and efficiently" when they do occur.
Riggins encouraged parents to contact her directly with questions or concerns.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Dacula Middle School Student Facing Criminal Charge After Allegedly Making Threatening Statements
- Collins Hill Student Arrested at Dacula Football Game
- Dacula High School Students Facing Felony Drug Charges
- Student’s iPhone Stolen During Track Practice
- Fight at Mill Creek vs. Dacula Game Leads to Underage Drinking Arrest