Several Bartow County schools may be set for change.
At Monday night's work session, the board is set to eye a recommendation from Superintendent John Harper it proceed with future projects, allowing construction designs to be finalized, including surveys, soil studies and architectural plans.
Five projects, four of which would be funded with Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax dollars, are on the table, according to the full agenda published by BartowPolitics.com and attached to this article. They are:
- Renovations and additions to White Elementary School.
- Renovations and additions to Hamilton Crossing Elementary School.
- Renovations to the Learning Center, which would not be funded with SPLOST dollars, according to the agenda.
- Renovation to the current Adairsville Middle School field house.
- Demolition of existing Adairsville Middle School buildings.
The school board meets for a work session and regular business tonight, beginning at 6, at the Central Office in Cartersville. Agendas from the school system's website also are attached.
For more on Bartow Schools, see our dedicated section: Bartow County Schools: Budget, Board and More.
Don’t miss any of the local news you care about. Subscribe to Cartersville Patch's newsletters and breaking news alerts, like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Also check out our Android or iPhone apps for mobile news, business listings, weather forecasts and more.