Earlier this month, 130 teachers were named Teachers of the Year for their individual schools. That group has now been narrowed down to 25. From this group, six will be further evaluated and one of them will be named as the GCPS Teacher of the Year on Nov. 7, 2013. The evaluation committee will also select an elementary, middle and high school teacher of the year from the group.
Dacula area teachers named as semifinalists include:
- Shannon Wiley of Harbins Elementary - first grade teacher
- Heather Watkins of Mulberry Elementary - first grade teacher
- Jan Chastain of Osborne Middle - science teacher (grade 6)
- Nathaniel Amrine of Twin Rivers Middle - mathematics teacher (Grade 8)
- Tim Rondeau of Mill Creek High - mathematics teacher (Grades 9-12)