Fort Daniel Elementary
Fort Daniel Elementary School is located on 21 acres near the site of an early 1800s military fort. The Fort Daniel outpost no longer stands, but the school's name serves as a reminder of the area's frontier past. Now a thriving suburban community, the area surrounding the school continues to experience considerable commercial and residential growth.
Fort Daniel's school motto is "Learners today, leaders tomorrow." School administrators and faculty have high expectations for student achievement and work with parents to maximize success.
Fort Daniel school colors are navy and white and the mascot is a mountain lion.
- Fax: 770-271-5194
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:15am - 2:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicap parking spaces, accessible classrooms, ramps
- Founding Date: 1994
- Number of students: 634
- Male-to-female ratio: 52:48
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 22:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 48
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Fort Daniel students participate in charitable and fund-raising activities including Relay for Life, Jump Rope for Heart and food drives in conjunction with area churches.
- What makes this community special?: School principal Paul Willis says the Fort Daniel community is great because students, parents, teachers and support staff are focused on learning.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Chorus, Student Council
- Student clubs: Technology Club, Art Club, Running club (spring 2011)