Gwinnett County Public Library, Dacula Branch
The Dacula branch is one of 15 in the Gwinnett County Public Library (GCPL) system. At the end of fiscal year 2010, GCPL had more than 328,000 registered cardholders.
In 2010, GCPL had 3.1 million visitors to its 15 branches and 3.2 million visitors to its website.
The Dacula library is adjacent to Dacula Park and within walking distance of Dacula Middle School and Dacula High School.
According to Executive Director Nancy Stanbery-Kellam, Gwinnett County Public Library's award-winning 15-branch system is the result of active citizen support over the years.
- Hours: Mon 10-6; Tues 12-8; Wed 10-6; Thurs 12-8; Fri 10-6; Sat 12-5; Sun 12-5
- Handicap Accessible: There are several handicapped parking spaces with curb cuts for sidewalk access. The library has automatic doors and accessible restrooms.
- Founding Date: The county's first library was founded in 1907.
- What makes this community special?: “Gwinnett is great because it is knit together by many smaller communities that take an active interest in continuously improving the quality of life in the county." -- Nancy Stanbery-Kellam, GCPL executive director
- Parking: Free lot
- Size of collection: 1,200,000
- Specialties: GCPL offers remote digital downloads of audio books, eBooks, music and videos.
- Services: Audiobooks, Movies, Music CDs, Research databases, Resources for job seekers
- Internet use policy: http://www.gwinnettpl.org/aboutGCPL/policies/internetsafety.html
- Programs/classes: The Gwinnett County Public Library system offers a variety of events and classes for adults, teens and children. A full calendar of events is available online at: http://www.gwinnettpl.org/main_calendar
- Book donation information: If you have unwanted books - and you want to raise money for the library - while being kind to the environment - you can drop them in a green Better World Books book bin that can be found at each of the library branches.
- Wi-Fi: Free
- Private events: No