Puckett's Mill Elementary School
Since opening in 2008, the administrators and faculty at Puckett's Mill Elementary have focused on establishing a culture of high expectations for all students. School principal Michelle Farmer describes the school as family oriented and dedicated to helping each child reach his or her full potential.
Puckett's Mill has 64 classrooms, two art rooms, two music rooms, three computer labs, six special education rooms and seven multipurpose rooms. The school is located on 26.15 acres off Braselton Highway.
- Fax: 678-765-5240
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:15am - 2:45pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking spaces and accessible classrooms and ramps are available.
- Founding Date: 2008
- Number of students: 1,098
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: No
- Religious affiliation: None
- Accreditation/licenses: Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 22:1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 85
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Puckett's Mill Elementary School has developed partnerships with several local businesses and community leaders. The faculty and staff encourage parents and community leaders to take an active role in the school.
- What makes this community special?: School principal Michelle Farmer said strong support for the school makes the Puckett's Mill community a great place for her students. "We all realize that good communities make good schools and good schools make good communities," she said.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K-5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Student Council, Chorus
- Student clubs: Chess Club, Lit Blitz, Sparrow Hawks Service Club, National Junior Beta Club, Lego Robotics Club, Environmental Club, Reader's Rally